Corby and Kettering are excited to be introducing their new shared street scene service which goes live from 4th February 2019.
The shared service which incorporates recycling and refuse collection, street cleansing and ground maintenance will provide a wide range of benefits including:
- Cost savings which would have been incurred via the procurement process
- Increased value for money
- Increased capacity
- More specialist technical support
- Increased opportunities across both combined services for external income generation
- An increased ability to achieve service innovation and improved agility to respond to change.
Kettering Borough Council has a long standing in-house service which presents good value for money, high levels of customer satisfaction and is nationally recognised as a high performer across the whole street scene service. Therefore, a joint service delivered over one combined geographical operating area to include all of Corby and Kettering Borough was considered a good strategic fit for both organisations.
Residents will not see any service disruptions on 4th February and collection days will remain the same for now. However, residents will start to see brand new fleet and equipment being deployed.
Customers will be able to contact their street scene team through the normal channels which will be 01536 410 333 for Kettering and 01536 464 242 for Corby.