It’s time for Corby’s keen golfers to Tee Off as Priors Hall Golf Course has reopened it’s gates following its temporary closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Corby Borough Council has spent the last few days closely following guidelines from the government and England Golf and now looks forward to welcoming customers back for some much anticipated games of golf. To safeguard all customers and staff strict measures will be in place until further notice. These are set out below:
- Pre-booking is essential, any golfers who don’t book will be refused entry. This can be done over the phone (01536 260756), via e-mail (email@example.com) or Facebook (Priors Hall Golf Course).
- Single or two-balls comprising of individuals from different households.
- Increase of 10 minutes per tee time.
- Card or contactless payment will be permitted only.
- Social distancing rules will apply throughout the course and clubhouse and must be adhered too at all times.
Opening times will be as follows:
- Weekdays (Monday-Friday): 7am – 8pm
- Weekends (Saturday – Sunday): 6.15am – 8pm
Leader of Corby Borough Council, Cllr Tom Beattie, said:
“Following the Government’s updated guidelines, it is welcome news that we are now able to open the golf course back up to users. Whilst there is still a fair way to go, this is a positive step in the right direction to recovery from the Coronavirus crisis. At such difficult times, it’s important for wellbeing to get out in the open doing something you enjoy, so I hope this news comes as some light relief to golfers throughout the borough.
“Corby’s open spaces remain open to the public and I would encourage all residents to ensure they spend some time in the fresh air during the continued lockdown period.”
For further information with regards to Priors Hall Golf Course, please visit www.corbyleisure.co.uk.