What cookies are and how we use them.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files which are stored on you computer when you visit a website.
We use different cookies for different things:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website
- to track you as you navigate our website
- to improve the website’s usability
- to analyse the use of our website
For example, if you prefer to view our website in a larger font, we use a cookie to record your preference for the next time you visit. Or we may use a cookie to detect if you have previously filled in one of our surveys.
Until cookies are accepted the site has only 3 cookies in use:
- Cookie-agreed – stores an integer denoting whether the user has agreed to or declined cookies
All of the above are essential for the site to function.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. It helps us see how many people are using our site, and helps us improve the site by analysing the way people navigate through it.
Can I stop cookies from being stored on my computer?
Yes you can. How you do it depends on which browser you use.