This evidence base page was continually updated as work was produced in support of the Part 2 Local Plan for Corby and remains as an archive. The full evidence base has also been made available on a topic by topic basis on the Local Plan Examination pages - 'Evidence Base Documents'.
The following documents provide a local evidence base on the key social, economic and environmental characteristics and issues that help to inform the preparation of planning policy.
Evidence to Support new Secondary School in Corby
Site Selection Methodology Background Paper, June 2019
- Site Selection Methodology Background Paper
- Appendix 6(b) - Area Maps
- Appendix 8 - Detailed Site Assessment Matrix
North Northamptonshire Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment (GTAA)
Custom and Self Build Housing: Demand Assessment Framework
This report provides information to assist Corby Council in planning for custom and self-build housing, responding to national legislation, policy and guidance, in the context of local demand.
Employment Land Review
The Employment Land Review (ELR) is an assessment of the employment and economic environment of Corby and the demand for and supply of employment land for the period 2011 to 2031.
- Employment Land Review May 2018
- Employment Land Review Appendix 1 May 2018
- Employment Land Review Update May 2019
Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA)
The SFRA assesses the risk from flooding from all sources, now and in the future, taking account of the impacts of climate change, and to assess the impact that land use changes and development in the area will have on flood risk.
- Main Report February 2019
- Site Specific Map Document February 2019
- Strategic Map Document February 2019
- Site Specific Map Document (additional sites) March 2019
Rural Housing Needs Surveys
The Surveys provide a robust assessment of housing need and demand across all tenures in each of the rural communities, and offer invaluable evidence for housing and planning to address local needs.
- Cottingham December 2017
- East Carlton December 2017
- Gretton December 2017
- Middleton December 2017
- Rockingham December 2017
- Stanion December 2017
- Weldon December 2017
Playing Pitch Strategy
The playing pitch strategy and action plan help to assess the demand and supply of sports facilities within the Borough
- Playing Pitch Strategy Assessment Report (November 2017)
- Playing Pitch Strategy and Action Plan (November 2017)
Open Space, Sport and Recreation Study
The Open Space, Sport and Recreation Study provides evidence of publically accessible open space, sport and recreational facilities in the Borough in the context of current and future demand.
- Indoor and Built Facilities Assessment (November 2017)
- Indoor and Built Facilities Strategy (November 2017)
- Open Space Assessment (November 2017)
- Open Space Study Standards Paper (November 2017)
Site Selection Methodology Background Paper, June 2018
Vision and Outcomes Background Paper
This background paper provides detail on how the vision and outcomes for the Part 2 Local Plan were developed.
Local Retail Impact Threshold
This background paper builds upon the representations received at the previous Local Plan consultation and further evidence to evaluate options for applying mimimum scale thresholds for retail impact assessment.
Local Green Space Designation Technical Guidance Note
- Local Green Space Designation Technical Guidance Note
- Appendix 1 - Local Green Space Designation Questionnaire (word version to complete)
Sustainability Appraisal Interim Scoping Report
Habitats Regulations Assessment
Welland Valley Route Feasibility Study (2014)
Local Framework Study for Corby