Please note that from the 17th January 2018, Planning fees will be increased by 20% in accordance with Government legislation.
Please note that from the 3rd of April 2017 the Council’s Planning Department is keen to promote applications and payments via its electronic services, we will still accept hard copy applications for minor and householder applications, however we request prospective applicants contact the Planning Administration Team in advance of submission to discuss their needs and options available on 01536 464158.
We expect commercial applications for offices/retail/leisure/employment and major housing schemes to be submitted electronically.
Information relating to planning advice, policies, application and local development will be found in this section of the website. You can also access the Council's Online Planning Applications here
Planning Services can be found at One Stop Shop, The Corby Cube, George Street, Corby, NN17 1QG on the following days/time (please call 01536 464158 in advance of a visit)
- Monday 1pm - 3pm
- Tuesday 10am - 12pm
- Friday 2pm - 4pm
With regard to viewing major applications please contact the Planning Office to make an appointment to view;
Telephone: 01536 464158
Fax: 01536 464634
When dealing with a Planning Application the Borough Council will undertake publicity and notification. This can be carried out by means of site notice, press notice or written notification depending on the application. This allows comment or representations to be made by interested parties.
Only representations made in writing (including email and via public access) will be taken into account. To ensure comments are taken into account these should be made within the period shown on the notice or letter. The application and its plans are available for inspection in the One Stop Shop at the Cube on Monday 1 – 3, Tuesday 10 – 12 and Friday 2 – 4, and on line via Public Access link. It is usually helpful if these are viewed before writing to be aware of how a scheme may affect you.
Please note that any written comments will be placed on the application file which is open to public inspection. They may also be summarised in a future Committee Report.
In deciding an application, the Council has to consider the implications of the scheme in the “public interest” based on Development Plan Policies, Central Government Policy Advice and any other “material considerations”.
Matters which may be material considerations will depend on the type, nature, scale and location of the development but may include the following:
- Relevant Planning Policies
- Highway Safety/Traffic Impact
- Visual Impact/Design
- Potential nuisance through noise/odours
- Affect on Trees
- Loss of Privacy
- Affect on Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings
- Overshadowing, Dominant or Oppressive Impact
Matters which cannot normally be taken into account are:
- Property Values
- Commercial harm to businesses through competition
- That work has been commenced or completed without permission
- Objecting to the Principle of Development which has already been addressed through an allocation in an up to date Development Plan or via an Outline Planning Permission
- Land ownership, boundary disputes or other property rights including legal covenants
- Inconvenience caused by building works
- Personal remarks about the applicant
- Matters controlled through other legislation
- The applicant’s motives or personal circumstances
- Loss of private views
Comments can be via the Public Access link
or sent to the Planning Department
Corby Borough Council, The Cube, George Street, Corby, NN17 1QG