Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Building control

We have moved to the North North Northamptonshire website If you are not redirected to our new site in five seconds, use this link.

If you’re building something new, or making changes to an existing building, you may need building regulations approval.

This makes sure that the work meets health and safety, energy and accessibility standards, and gives you the certificates of compliance you need when you want to sell your home.

If you intend to carry out work, please contact the Building Control Section at Corby Borough Council and we will be able to advise and help you to comply with the Building Regulations.

How to request a site inspection

You can request an inspection by calling the number below: -

Contact Building Control 

Building Control Section

Corby Borough Council

Deene House

New Post Office Square


NN17 1GD

Tel:  01536 464171/464167/01536 464664

Fax:  01536 464634

Or email us at: buildingcontrol.cbc@corby.gov.uk

Or complete this customer service questionnaire

"Out of hours" Emergency Telephone number for Dangerous Structures Reports etc is 01536 400088.

If you cannot get through or want to speak to another department please use the main reception number which can be found on the Main Council Contact Information Page 

Application Information, Forms and Charges

Exempt Works

If you have checked that the building work you propose needs Building Control approval, you will need to make an application for approval.

Types of Building Regulations Applications

There are three types of application form used to make a Building Regulation application depending on the circumstances of your job.

Only one of the three is normally required:

  1. Building Notice - Used for domestic projects only. 
  2. Full Plans - Used for either domestic or non domestic projects. 
  3. Regularisation - Used to apply for retrospective approval for unauthorised work that has already started or been completed without first making an application. Higher Fees apply than if a Building Notice or Full Plans application had been made and not all works can be regularised. 


Scheme for the recovery of Building Regulation charges and associated matters Applicable from 1 April 2021Building Act 1984The Building Regulations 2010 (as amended)The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 .  Please see full document

Corby Office Deene House New Post Office Square Corby NN17 1GD Tel: 0300 126 3000 www.northnorthants.gov.

Building Control Fees

It is best if we can fully understand the nature and extent of the proposed building work before assessing the level of the fee.

Please contact one of our surveyors or email buildingcontrol.cbc@corby.gov.uk to discuss your project.  





More information available on Local Authority Building Control website

Last updated: Wednesday 22nd June 2022 11:18:54 AM
Review date: Monday 17th April 2023 08:47:24 AM