- Contact Building Control
- Application Information, Forms and Charges
- Corby guide to extending your home e booklet
- Local Authority Building Control
This makes sure that the work meets health and safety, energy and accessibility standards, and gives you the certificates of compliance you need when you want to sell your home.
If you intend to carry out work, please contact the Building Control Section at Corby Borough Council and we will be able to advise and help you to comply with the Building Regulations.
Building Control Section
Corby Borough Council
New Post Office Square
Tel: 01536 464171
Fax: 01536 464634
Or email us at: email@example.com
Or complete this customer service questionnaire
"Out of hours" Emergency Telephone number for Dangerous Structures Reports etc is 01536 400088.
If you cannot get through or want to speak to another department please use the main reception number which can be found on the Main Council Contact Information Page
If you have checked that the building work you propose needs Building Control approval, you will need to make an application for approval.
Types of Building Regulations Applications
There are three types of application form used to make a Building Regulation application depending on the circumstances of your job.
Only one of the three is normally required:
- Building Notice - Used for domestic projects only.
- Full Plans - Used for either domestic or non domestic projects.
- Regularisation - Used to apply for retrospective approval for unauthorised work that has already started or been completed without first making an application. Higher Fees apply than if a Building Notice or Full Plans application had been made and not all works can be regularised.
Building Control Fees
It is best if we can fully understand the nature and extent of the proposed building work before assessing the level of the fee.
Please contact one of our surveyors or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project.