Cottingham Road, Corby, Northants, NN17 2UN -see map for directions Telephone: 01536 203700
Corby Boating Lake was constructed in the early 70's. It is a lovely facility at the heart of the town. The lake can boast a wide range of geese, ducks, water fowl and our residential swans. The recent environmental project has improved fishing stocks. There are also herons, gulls and kingfishers that visit the lake along with a host of woodland and garden birds.
Are you interested in volunteering? If yes, click here for more information.
- Day ticket coarse fishing - for Fees & Charges please contact the Boating Lake Cafe - Tel: 01536 203700
- Lakeside cafe is open every day 8.30am - 4pm for a variety of hot food, snacks, beverages and ice creams
- Children's play areas: Boating Lake Adventure Site & Boating Lake Cafe area
- Corby & District Model Boat Club- Thursday and Sunday Dawn-Dusk members only (new members always welcome)
- Parking available for users only
- Picnic area
- Adult fitness equipment (along Pat Fawcett Way - walkway towards Swimming Pool)
- Wheelchair access
- Friends of Thoroughsale & Hazel Woods
- Fishing Rules
- You will fish in a manner in which is in no way detrimental to wildlife or fish.
- Any hooked birds to be reported to cafe staff immediately.
- Footpaths must not be obstructed at any time.
- You must carry a current EA Licence.
- You must use only barbless hooks (shop bought only, no micro).
- You do not spin for fish.
- You do not use ground bait.
- You fish at peg numbers only, one person per peg.
- You do not remove fish from the lake.
- You do not put fish into the lake.
- No rubbish is left at the lake.
- No junior to use two rods at one time.
- Night fishing by appointment only
- All bait to be carried in bait boxes, no tins.
- Under 12's to be accompanied by an ADULT at all times.
- Unhooking matts compulsory (for large fish).
- No floating baits.
- No keep nets to be used in this lake, except in official matches.
These rules will be enforced vigorously. Persons failing to comply with the above requirements may be banned from fishing in the lake for the season.
PLEASE NOTE: No fishing in Area 1 on Thursdays or Sundays (these are designated areas and days for Corby & District Model Boat Club).