Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Complaints, Compliments and Comments

If you are not redirected to our new site in five seconds, click here.

How to complain, comment or compliment about Council Services in Corby

We hope that the services you receive from us are of the quality you need and expect.  However, we know that there may be times when you are unhappy with the service you receive and wish to lodge a formal complaint.  You may want to suggest a way to improve services, make a comment on the services you receive, or compliment the Council on the service you have received.

1. How to give us feedback

We want to make it easy for you to contact us; you can do this in several ways:

  • Online - www.corby.gov.uk/home/council/complaints-compliments-and-comments
  • E-Mail - customerfirst.cbc@corby.gov.uk
  • Phone - 01536 464 000
  • In person - at our One Stop Shop, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
  • Letter - Corby Borough Council, The Corby Cube, Parklands Gateway, George Street, Corby NN17 1QG


2. What is feedback?






If you think we have done anything well in a particular area, we would like to know so that we can ensure good practice spreads to other services.



Any suggestions on how we could improve services to our customers.



Please tell us if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, if you feel we have done something wrong, not done something we should have or not treated you fairly.


However, a complaint does not include:

  • First requests for a service or first reports of faults;
  • Requests for information on, or a clearer explanation of our policies;
  • Matters for which there is a right of appeal with the Council, or a legal solution.


3. What will happen when I make a complaint?

We Will:

  • Provide a straightforward and consistent way for you to contact the Council
  • Use comments to take any necessary action to improve our services.
  • Record your compliments and pass them on to the relevant member of staff and their appropriate manager.
  • Acknowledge complaints within 5 working days and send a full response within 10 working days of being received. If we cannot resolve it immediately or if it is a complex process you will be updated every 20 working days.


4. How to complain stage-by-stage

There are three stages to our complaints process. We aim to sort out most complaints at Stage 1.

Stage 1

When we receive your complaint, the nature and type of the complaint will be assessed by the relevant person. The complaint will be recorded and given a unique complaint number (which will be used until the complaint is resolved.) This will help us track the progress of your complaint and assist you, if for some reason you need to contact us again. The relevant officer will then make any investigations and enquiries necessary to resolve your complaint, and respond to you in writing.


Stage 2

If you are not happy with the outcome of your Stage 1 complaint, if you have a further complaint, or the complaint is of a more complex nature, for example regarding the conduct of an individual employee, further investigation will be required. You will be sent an acknowledgement within 5 working days whilst the matter is being investigated by the Chief Executive’s Office.


Stage 3

Once we have given our final Stage 2 response, if you are still not satisfied, the complaint can then be referred to the Ombudsman service – Stage 3.



The Local Government Ombudsman




Independent body which will look into your complaint about the Council. The Ombudsman will only do this if you have taken your complaint through the Council’s Complaints process. Their contact details are:

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

Tel: 0300 0610 614


An online complaint form is available from this website.



If you are a tenant of the Council, you can escalate your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. The Housing Ombudsman is an independent body which will look into your complaint about the Council. Before you can escalate your complaint, you should take it through the Council’s Complaints process. If you are still dissatisfied with any aspect of your complaint, you may refer it to the Housing Ombudsman. Their contact details are:

Housing Ombudsman Service

PO Box 152


L33 7WQ

Tel: 0300 111 3000

Email: info@housing-ombudsman.org.uk



You can also take up the matter with your local Councillor. If you are unsure who your Councillor is please call 01536 464 009 for details, or visit: www.corby.gov.uk

For independent advice on your rights contact the Citizens Advice Bureau at Corby Cube, Monday to Wednesday 10am to 3pm. To make an appointment call 01536 265 501 or phone the countywide advice line on 03444 111 444.


5. Feedback Coordinators

We have a number of feedback coordinators who will deal with customer comments, compliments and complaints. You may wish to contact the officer in the service that most closely matches your issue. Please see below:

Service Area Responsible For Contact Details
CB Property Services Regeneration projects, building & capital projects, corporate maintenance of buildings
Rob Mills
01536 464 653
Chief Executive’s Office Corporate & council wide services, policy issues
Helen Goult
01536 464 673
Corporate Services Income collection, benefits, council tax, NNDR (Business Rates), invoicing, insurance, legal, land charges, house sales, freedom of information, data protection, One Stop Shop, ICT & e-government initiatives
Julie Griffiths
01536 464 162
Culture & Leisure Services Leisure & sports facilities, parks, etc
Lynne Toward
01536 464 044
Democratic Services Committees & elections
Alison Beattie
01536 464 015
Environmental Services Refuse collection, street cleansing, grass cutting, fly tipping, graffiti removal, taxis and private hire vehicles, food safety, health & safety, premises & vehicle licenses, pollution control, pest control, private sector housing
Julie Goodrum
01536 464 175
Housing and Neighbourhood Services Homelessness, housing allocations, housing needs & advice, housing repairs, home swaps & exchanges, community safety, antisocial behaviour, CCTV
Gemma O'Donovan (Depot and Repairs)
Julie Goodrum (all other Housing Services)
01536 464 175
Human Resources Recruitment, training, personnel matters
Carol Bratley
01536 464 034
Planning Services Development control, building control, conservation, listed buildings, building maintenance, tree preservations, regeneration projects
Angela Ross
01536 464 167


6. Freedom of Information 

If you make a Freedom of Information Request, the standard requirements need to be met in regard to type of request, potential costs, timescales and response rates. The latter currently set by legislation at 20 working days as covered in our Freedom of Information policies and procedures.

If your complaint is about handling a Freedom of Information request then in the first instance:

  • Specify on the complaints form enclosed your issues and return your form to the Council’s Financial Services Service Area at the address below:
Corby Borough Council
Corby Cube
Parklands Gateway
George Street
Corby NN17 1QG
  • Contact our Financial Services Service Area directly, who will be able to assist you on 01536 464 600.

After this, if any issues remain you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who provides support and assistance on Freedom of Information matters at:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: 08456 306 060
Please click below for complaint & compliment form.

Use this on-line form to submit your complaint

Last updated: Sunday 19th September 2021 02:02:42 PM
Review date: Saturday 21st May 2022 04:00:28 PM