Neighbourhood Wardens are employed to work for the entire borough. Their main role is to work within neighbourhoods to promote respect for people, property and the environment; and to encourage resident community involvement.
The Neighbourhood Wardens focus on the following responsibilities:
- Participating in community projects
- Removing litter, fly tipping, and graffiti from housing land
- Safely disposing of abandoned, used needles
- Tackling anti-social behaviour in open spaces
- Helping tenants and leaseholders to access other organisations and services
- Communicating with all tenants, residents and leaseholders about community issues or problems
- Helping resolve local disputes
- Promoting the involvement of young people in their local environment through school projects and events.