Tenant and Leaseholder Home Contents Insurance

Peace of mind at an affordable cost

Corby Borough Council does not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks.

You need to take out your own insurance. Under a special scheme arranged with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc it’s easy for you to protect your belongings.

Notes for Claims:

If you need to make a claim, look at your policy to check that the loss or damage is covered. Read carefully “what is not covered” and any policy exclusions or conditions that may apply.

Remember your policy does not cover any loss or damage which has been caused by wear and tear. It is not a maintenance contract and does not cover repairs and work necessary to maintain the home in a good condition.

Remember too that the amount of any claim may be reduced if the sum insured on your policy is inadequate.

To help us deal with your claim quickly, please read your policy booklet carefully, particularly the Claims conditions and Policy Exclusion pages.

Please note:

  • The statements that are made must be true to the best of your knowledge.
  • We may ask for information from other insurers to check the answers you have provided.
  • Insurers pass information to the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register, run by Insurance Database Services Ltd. (IDS Ltd). The aim is to help us check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. When you tell us about an incident (such as fire, water damage or theft) which may or may not give rise to a claim, we will pass information relating to it to the register.
  • The use of false means or devices in relation to a claim is fraud, even where a claim is otherwise genuine. Where fraudulent means or devices are used the whole claim is forfeit, including any genuine element.
  • The policy may be terminated from the date of the fraud, without refund of premium.

If proceeding with your claim, please have your policy number handy as you will need this for the claim form you must complete the claim form in full, including your name in the signature box, before submitting the form.

The claims administrator will be in touch with you within 3 working days to progress your claim.

For full prospectus with application form or to make a claim use the PDF documents below.

The following additional cover options can be included for a small additional premium:

  • Extended accidental damage cover
  • Personal possessions cover
  • Cover for the structure of garden huts, greenhouses and garages
  • Hearing aid cover
  • Wheelchair cover

If you would like more information on this comprehensive insurance cover, please contact the Council the Housing Finance Team or e-mail us at housing.finance@corby.gov.uk.

Last updated: Tuesday 23rd October 2018 04:51:04 PM
Review date: Friday 18th October 2019 09:52:20 AM