Corby Borough Council have a Environmental Health Team who deal with many complaints concerning nuisance but will generally only become involved where the nuisance is serious and persistent enough to constitute a 'Statutory Nuisance' as defined in the Environmental Protection Act 1990 s.80.
Definition of Statutory Nuisance
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990 defines the types of complaint that can be classed as a Statutory Nuisance:
- The condition of land or property e.g. bad state of repair
- Fumes or gasses from a private dwelling
- Dust, steam, smell or other effluvia from business premises
- An accumulation or deposit, e.g. rotting household rubbish
- The place or manner in which an animal is kept
Offensive smells from industrial and farming processes, accumulations of rotting waste and dense smoke from bonfires are examples of "nuisances".
For further information please contact Corby Borough Council One Stop Shop