How you travel can have a huge effect on the environment. We are proud of the work we have achieved in this area and the Council has been awarded 'Go Ultra Low' organisational status by the Government related to the work in increasing the number of electric vehicles on Corby's roads.
- Charging your car at Corby Borough Council Car Parks - Corby is part of the Plugged in Midlands project, Chargemaster 'Polar' network. To use the Council's charge points you need to join the Plugged in Midlands (link above) Polar Network. Charge points, with free electricity, can be found here;
Corby Cube, Parkland Gateway Car Park, Corby Town Centre, NN17 1QG (parking charge applies)
Corby Railway Station, Station Road, Corby Old Village, Corby NN17 1TT (parking charge applies)
Corby Enterprise Centre, London Road, Priors Hall, Corby NN17 5EU (Mon-Fri 9-5 only)
- Charging your in and around Corby - Including the above charge points, there are also additional number of places to charge such as service stations, hotels, leisure and places of work. For a map of charge points in and around Corby visit zap map.
- Charging your car at your place of work - The Government offer grants for work place charging. For more information contact Electric Corby. Here is a link to the gov.uk grant page.
- Charging your car at home - The Government offer grants for home charging. For more information visit gov.uk website.
- Corby now has an electric taxi service. For more information visit our news section.
- Go Ultra Low is the national campaign increase the number of electric vehicles on UK roads by helping motorists and fleet managers understand the benefits, cost savings and capabilities of electric vehicles on the market. The campaign website is found here.
- Corby has a number of walking groups and an annual outdoor festival, find out more on the Corby Walking page.
- Car sharing & pooling has recently become a popular way to travel. To find out if your place of work operate a car share service, contact your HR department.
- One stop shop on all things cycling in Northamptonshire visit 'Cycle Northants', the Northamptonshire County Council's website here.
- Your employer may offer a cycle to work scheme, similar to the Corby Borough Council staff scheme, do approach your HR department for more information.
- Corby has some fantastic cycle routes in and around the countryside of the borough. To join organised Clubs;
- Corby hosts an annual cycling festival 'Corby CycleFest'. For more information to take part or volunteer contact Green Corby or check the news section of this website.