Energy Efficiency Grants - Households

This page will help give you information on how to access funds for new boilers, insulation and renewable technology such as solar panels. You may be moving to a new home, you would like a home which keeps its warmth, or your boiler needs replacing.

Northants Warm Homes Partnership - New first time gas central heating now available*

Corby Borough Council is part of the Northants Warm Home Partnership.  For more local information on ECO grants, boiler grants, first time gas central heating (eligible residents*) and schemes to improve the comfort, energy efficiency and fuel bills of Northamptonshire residents homes, visit their website
Energy supplier/Utility Provider

Your energy supplier may have access to Government Grants under a scheme called ECO Help to Heat under the Energy Company Obligation. What the grant may offer usually depends on the householders circumstances and what changes or improvement you home may needs. To check if you are eligible for a grant to receive a replacement boiler or insulation, contact the company who pay your fuel bills first. The telephone number will be on your energy bill.

Northamptonshire Energy Saving Service (NESS)

You may be entitled to government assistant to help pay for fuel bills. Please do contact the Northamptonshire Energy Saving Service (NESS) a multi-agency service providing advice and information which is free, independent and confidential on 01604 623700 or Or visit the NESS webpage here.​

Generating your own energy - renewable technology
You can make your own energy on your roof through solar photovoltaic panels or solar thermal panels, and heat through air or ground source heat pumps. If you are considering this as an option to become more energy efficient you may want to explore the following:

The Renewable Heat Incentive or RHI makes the purchase of some renewable technologies more advantageous, as the RHI will help cover the investment of the technology over time. Please note that the feed in tarrif for solar panels has now come to an end. The Energy Saving Trust have a list of local and national panel installers who are part of the Microgeneration Certification Scheme. Visit the Energy Saving Trust website

Planning permission - You may need to notify the Council’s Planning Department as you may have to apply for planning permission if you live in a conservation area.  If you live outside of a conservation area you can have panels installed through ‘Permitted Development Rights’.  For further information or to notify the Council’s Planning Department of your intention, contact the Planning Department call 01536 464 158 or email


Last updated: Monday 5th August 2019 08:51:11 AM
Review date: Thursday 30th July 2020 08:50:28 AM