Recruitment Privacy Notice
Corby Borough Council Privacy Notice for Recruitment
At Corby Borough Council we recognise that privacy is important. We have developed this Privacy Notice to inform you of how CBC will use the information you submit to CBC through the recruitment process, or in any other way as part of a job application or job search process.
What types of information does this Policy cover?
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data provided by you in your job application, any subsequent information supplied by you in connection with your application and any information obtained from third parties such as prior employers, the Disclosure & Barring Service, Occupational Health and other sources.
- Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information;
- CV, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide for our consideration;
- Type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- How you heard about the position;
- Sensitive information (race/ethnic origin) if you choose to submit it as part of the application process, and;
- Names and contact information for referees.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to us. Submission of application information does not establish any obligation not listed in this Privacy Notice.
How will we use your data?
The application information you submit is used for the following purposes:
- To assess your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- To verify your information and conduct reference checks;
- To conduct security and background checks if you are offered a job;
- To communicate with you and inform you of career opportunities;
- To create and submit reports as required by law or regulation;
- To improve our recruitment process; and
- Legal defence as necessary.
If you accept employment with CBC, the information collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
You can choose what types of information, if any, to submit. Submitting your application information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit your application information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. We will ask for your consent before we obtain additional information from third party agencies, and will, where required by law, notify you of the information received from those third parties.
Who has access to your data?
CBC Human Resources (and relevant recruiting managers) will have access to your data for the purposes listed above. Where third parties are involved in the recruitment process they will be bound by terms of confidentiality and this Privacy Notice.