Council Tax - Occupied Property Exemptions

Properties that are lived in by:

  • full time students ( they must send us a council tax certificate from their place of study );
  • severely mentally impaired people;
  • a foreign diplomat who would normally have to pay council tax
  • people who are under 18;
  • members of a visiting force who would normally have to pay council tax; or
  • elderly or disabled relatives of a family who live in the main property, in certain annexes and self contained accommodation.

are all exempt from Council Tax providing the necessary conditions are fulfilled and an application completed and any appropriate proof is provided.

Please contact us to apply for this exemption.


Last updated: Tuesday 20th March 2018 08:16:56 AM
Review date: Friday 15th March 2019 08:16:44 AM