Statement to all Vehicle Licence Holders (Owners) and Drivers
With reference to the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, North Northamptonshire Council have made the following changes regarding the applications for Vehicle Licences and Driver badges:
- If a Vehicle Licence is due for renewal, you should complete an online form. (Please attach any supporting documents due e.g. insurance). Our admin department will then call you to take a payment and book your test date. After we have received confirmation from the garage that your vehicle has passed, we will email your Licence for you to store with your records.
- North Northamptonshire Council reminds all Vehicle Licence holders that their vehicle must be kept in a roadworthy condition, the following link is helpful for Vehicle Licence holders and drivers at www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/annex-6-vehicle-maintenance-safety-and-security. This covers all the essential points for vehicle maintenance, and should you ignore this point of Public Safety, the police and North Northamptonshire Council have the powers to put a stop on a vehicle until such time as the vehicle has been repaired and is safe to drive again.
- If a driver’s Licence is due for renewal you should receive by email if you have an email address; an application form from admin, which we require you to complete then email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, contact telephone number and driver number. Our admin department will then call you to take a payment. Should you not have received an application form for renewal, you can down load one from the following link https://www.corby.gov.uk/home/business/licensing-and-regulation/taxi-lic... you can complete and submit via email to email@example.com or posted to the Regulatory Services at Deene House. Our admin department will then call you to take a payment.
- The requirement to have an up-to-date Medical has been temporarily relaxed. However, drivers should sign a statement to confirm that their health condition has not changed since the previous medical was undertaken. Eye sight test will receive the same approach. We will catch up with the requirement once the current restrictions are relaxed.
- If it is not be possible to issue a new Drivers badge at this time, an email will be sent to your email address; which will authorise you to drive, until such time as a badge can be issued.
- Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.