Gambling Act

Gambling Act 2005

Premises wishing to provide any form of gambling, including betting, gaming, small lotteries, prize bingo or football pools will require a licence or permit under the Gambling Act 2005.

Advice and guidance is available from the Central Licensing Administration Unit by phoning 01832 742102; by e-mail at; by visiting their website at  or from the Gambling Commission's website which has a number of helpful guides.


Please note, the council only issues licences and permits in connection with premises. Personal and operator's licences are dealt with by the Gambling Commission.


Last updated: Thursday 30th August 2018 01:15:28 PM