All businesses, large and small use resources such as energy and water, produce waste and provide transport for their staff and goods, all of which impact on the environment. By being more resource efficient you can attract new customers and investors, help you meet your legal requirements and save money.
- Electric Corby CIC develops, delivers and promotes innovative projects to establish Corby as a leading location in low carbon living, working and transportation.
- Investors in the Environment (iiE) is a nationwide environmental accreditation scheme to assist with businesses and charities to improve their environmental management systems, and often used as a stepping stone to environmental certification such as ISO 14001. They located in Peterborough so often have events close to Corby.
- Corby is located in the South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP). They provide the grant assistance, knowledge and strategic leadership needed to drive sustainable private sector growth and job creation in this region.
- The Carbon Trust is a for-mission company that helps organisations and companies reduce their carbon emissions and become more resource efficient. Its stated mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy.
- The Energy Saving Trust was set up as an independent organisation 25 years ago to help consumers save energy. They provide expertise in energy saving behaviour, renewable energy systems, transport and local energy programmes.