If you incurred a Housing Benefit overpayment and have received an invoice, this can be repaid in various ways.
You will receive an invoice if you are no longer receiving Housing Benefits from the Council as we will not be able to recover the overpayment from ongoing benefit.
If you make a payment by any method, you must quote your invoice reference number (starts with an 8).
If you cannot pay the whole overpayment on the invoice, please contact 01536 464150 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an arrangement to pay in instalments. If you do not keep to the arrangement you have agreed to or do not contact us, we may take further action.
The further action could include
- Deductions from your earnings paid by your employer. This is called an attachment of earnings.
- Deductions from your DWP benefits.This is called an attachment of benefits.
- take Court Action
- may take steps to make you bankrupt if you owe us a large amount of money.
You can pay by
- Debit/Credit card payments online
- Debit/Credit card payments by Telephone 01536 464150 or the automated system 01536 464618.
- Telephone payments can be made on telephone number 01536 464618 and follow the instructions. You will need your account reference number & your debit/credit card details.
- Paying by Standing Order - you set this up with your Bank.
- Internet Banking Transfers, Telephone Banking and other bank Transfers
- In person at The Corby Cube.
You cannot pay Overpayment Invoices by Direct Debit.
Please see this link to Payment Methods.
You may be invoiced for overpaid Housing Benefit which has been paid to your landlord or landlord's agent, if the reason for the overpayment is due to a change in circumstances that your landlord or landlord's agent could not have known about.
Some Housing Benefit overpayment invoices are sent to your landlord or landlord's agent, if the reason for the overpayment is due to a change in circumstances that your landlord or landlord's agent knew about.
If you have any queries about the invoice you have received. Please contact 01536 464150 or email: email@example.com
You can down load the form provided on this screen to give us the necessary information if you wish to make an arrangement to pay an overpayment of benefits in instalments.