Corby Borough Council is calling on volunteers to help those in need during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Council is working closely with a Countywide Emergency Community Resilience Group to support the most vulnerable during these difficult times.
A Corby Community Hub has been set up to help coordinate this, supporting other active Corby community groups, such as Corby Helping Hands and Corby Food bank.
The Hub will cover the following
- Support to Community Organisations
- Direct support to individuals in the Community
- Food parcel Distribution
We are looking for eager volunteers to help with the following:
- Urgent delivery of food parcels
- Shopping for somebody in isolation
- Collection of prescriptions
- Tackling loneliness of those in isolations, ie. phonecalls.
If you are able to offer your support, please register an interest via the Northants County Council website, https://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/coronavirus-updates/Pages/volunteer-to-help-those-in-need-coronavirus.aspx. We will then endeavour to contact you as soon as appropriate.