This set of pages explains how the council tax works and how you can make sure your bill is correct. It explains who is responsible for paying the council tax, who may be entitled to a discount and which types of dwelling are exempt from the tax. It also explains the special reductions for people with disabilities and gives details on how you can pay and what can happen if you don't.
Tel: 01536 464000 & ask for either the Council Tax Billing Team or Council Tax Recovery Team
Fax: 01536 464076
Northamptonshire County Council, Northamptonshire Police & Crime Commission and Corby Borough Council service information is now available by following the links below:
- Corby Borough Council - Council Tax Leaflet 2014-2015
- Northamptonshire County Council - Council Tax Details
- Northamptonshire Police & Crime Commissioners Office Leaflet
Please note that leaflets are no longer issued with Council Tax bills.
- Council Tax - Annual Notification
- Council Tax - Account Enquires
- Council Tax - Discount
- Council Tax - Exemptions
- Council Tax - Band Reductions
- Council Tax - Change of Circumstances
- Council Tax - Appeals
- Council Tax - Bands (Charges)
- Who has to pay Council Tax?
- Bankruptcy and Liquidation
- Disability Reductions
- How is my Home Valued?
- How your information is used?
- More than 1 property
- Moving Home
- Non Payment of Council Tax
- Occupied Property Exemptions
- Council Tax Payments
- What to Do if someone dies
- Council Tax - Property Valuation Bands
- Second Adult Rebate
- Housing Benefit main page
- Local Housing Allowance main page