Corby Boating Lake
Cottingham Road, Corby, Northants -see map for directions Telephone: 01536 203700
To view all Holiday Activities that are happening within the Borough click here
The Bonfire and Firework Display at The Boating Lake on Wednesday 5th November - click here for more information.
Corby Boating Lake was constructed in the early 70's. It is a lovely facility at the heart of the town. The lake can boast a wide range of geese, ducks, water fowl and our residential swans. The recent environmental project has improved fishing stocks. There are also herons, gulls and kingfishers that visit the lake along with a host of woodland and garden birds.
Are you interested in volunteering? If yes, click here for more information.
- Day ticket coarse fishing - for Fees & Charges please contact the Boating Lake Cafe - Tel: 01536 203700
- Lakeside cafe is open every day 8.30am - 4pm for a variety of hot food, snacks, beverages and ice creams
- Childrens play areas: Boating Lake Adventure Site & Boating Lake Cafe area
- Corby & District Model Boat Club- Thursday and Sunday Dawn-Dusk members only (new members always welcome) email email@example.com
- Parking available
- Picnic area
- Wheelchair access
- Friends of Thoroughsale & Hazel Woods
- Fishing Rules
- You will fish in a manner in which is in no way detrimental to wildlife or fish.
- Any hooked birds to be reported to cafe staff immediately.
- Footpaths must not be obstructed at any time.
- You must carry a current EA Licence.
- You must use only barbless hooks (shop bought only, no micro).
- You do not spin for fish.
- You do not use ground bait.
- You fish at peg numbers only, one person per peg.
- You do not remove fish from the lake.
- You do not put fish into the lake.
- No rubbish is left at the lake.
- No junior to use two rods at one time.
- Night fishing by appointment only (contact the Boating Lake on 07818 444815 or 07749 138102).
- All bait to be carried in bait boxes, no tins.
- Under 12's to be accompanied by an ADULT at all times.
- Unhooking matts compulsory (for large fish).
- No floating baits.
- No keep nets to be used in this lake, except in official matches.
These rules will be enforced vigorously. Persons failing to comply with the above requirements may be banned from fishing in the lake for the season.
PLEASE NOTE: No fishing in Area 1 on Thursdays or Sundays (these are designated areas and days for Corby & District Model Boat Club).