Visit one of the most beautiful and active Country Parks in the County where you can be guaranteed a fantastic day out - especially if you bring the children and the dog! FREE PARKING!!
East Carlton Countryside Park is situated on the edge of the beautiful Welland Valley. The Heritage Centre in the converted coach house and stables houses a display featuring the history of Corby and the development of the iron and steel industry in the town.
Full postal address: East Carlton Country Park, East Carlton, Nr. Market Harborough, Leics, LE16 8YF. Tel: 01536 770977. Spring/Summer (April - August) Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4.45pm, Saurday 10.30am - 5.45pm and Sunday 9.30am - 5.45pm.
- Cafe - click here for full menu. Open all year and offers light meals, hot and cold drinks and ice-cream.
- Craft Workshops
- Children's Play Area
- Play equipment for disabled children
- Picnic Area
- Petanque Court
- Toilets (including Disabled)
To print off our popular leaflets that are available in the cafe, simply click on the title:
- The Lavender Lady
- The Kings Folly Cartoon Leaflet
- The Hall - The Hall unfortunately is not open to the public but can be viewed from the park. The present Hall, built in 1863 on the site of the previous Hall is thought to be the third Hall on this site. Like all old buildings, it does have a ghost who has on occasions been known to visit the Old Coach House (refer to The Lavender Lady leaflet).
The parks and woodlands in the Corby Borough are now protected under the watchful eye of Foxy Forester our new mascot! Look out for Foxy at all of our major events and follow his face on the Oak trail in Hazel and Thoroughsale Woods.
Craft Workshops - At East Carlton there are a number of workshops where you can watch the individual craftsmen practice their skills. These include:
- Heritage Dolls Houses: Visit their website www.heritagedollshouses.com
- Pure Wool Shop - Located in Workshop 5, on the First Floor. Link to Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/purewoolhut
- Fairy Dust Pictures: Visit their website: www.fairydustpictures.co.uk
- Foxy's Woodland Shop: Visit their website: www.Foxy'swoodlandshop
East Carlton Walking Group - Meet every Monday and Wednesday at 10.30am in the coach park. There are country walks throughout the park, through fine mature woodland and grasslands. You can see a varied habitat and a great variety of wildlife throughout the year.
Nature Trails: Three nature trails afford the energetic a chance to stretch their legs and look more closely at the remarkable selection of hardwoods, plant life and with luck the varied bird life as well. Part of the Jurassic ironstone rock seam, which extends from Doreset to Yorkshire and accounted for the establishment of the local steel industry, runs through the parkland. This is typical of the Corby area and an outcrop can be seen on the trails. Activity leaflets are available from the Cafe.
Friends of East Carlton Country Park (Corby Borough Council working in partnership with the local community) - click here for more information.
'like us' at http://www.facebook.com/EastCarltonCountryPark to get up to date information about the park and events.
Volunteering is an extremely rewarding experience with many social benefits and for dedicated volunteers we are able to provide free training opportunities through the Corby Woodland Project. If you would like to volunteer click here for more information and one of our team will be in touch to discuss further.
For more information on Forthcoming Events click here
Tourist Accommodation - click here for more information.